Wednesday, March 31, 2010

STORY: THE MATH CLASS



When I was in grade four, our school principal used to be our subject teacher in Math. He was very strict and he always gives us quizzes and homeworks. One day, we had a quiz. I had this seat mate named Jonathan to whom I copied my answers because I really had hard time catching the lessons. The principal called somebody to answer on the board. Then he called again another one to answer on the board. The principal asked: "Is it correct class?" I was so keen because my answer was different to that answer on the board. So I asked Jonathan, "What is the correct answer? Is it on the board?" Of course because Jonathan believed to his work, he said to me, "We have the correct answer!" And because I had the faith that Jonathan was indeed correct, I proudly raised my hand to answer on the board. The principal called me and said, "Show your answer on the board." So I did. I went on the board. I erased the first answer and showed to the whole class my answer. Then as soon as I went back to my chair, our principal asked again, "Is it correct class (referring to my answer on the board)?" Shame on me when my classmates said, "No!" The principal explained the computation. At the end, I found out that the first answer on the board made by our classmate was the correct one and I just messed up the board with my incorrect answer from Jonathan. I felt so embarrassed in the class that I had the nerve to protest against the correct answer. I damned Jonathan.

No comments: