Tuesday, July 19, 2011

USAPANG PUSO SA PUSO (PART VII)




On Sunday (July 17), I've got my fourth blood chem result at St. Luke's Hospital.

Since I had my first blood chem, this is the first time that I had increased with my blood sugar and cholesterol (triglycerides), the highest so far way back September 2010. 

Dr. Mona decided to change my maintenance from Metoprolol (but she let me tried Losartan for five days) to Nifedipine (10mg) twice a day.

Then to lower my triglycerides, she advised me to take Gemfibrozil (600mg) to be taken twice a day, 30 minutes before meal within one month. I think, I've already taken the same medicine way back November 2010 (I had a good result after a month though). 

I had already changed again my diet. More cereals, less sugar, less carbs, less meat!






No comments: